1.28.2011

math is not my forte

so in my effort to find myself and become focused in an area that perhaps could bring me a level of enjoyment i enrolled in a continuing education course at george brown with my brother. construction estimating 1. this is not a joke.

i have spent the past three saturdays in a room filled with 84 other students who know i dont really belong in the classroom. i try to blend in but there are certain factors that impede on my doing so.

1. i am not a man. out of the 85 students in the class there are maybe 5 other women, one being the teacher.
2. i am a little, blonde, girl. i am aware that this is just an increasingly descriptive version of my first point but i feel it needs to be emphasized. i dont have much in common with the burly men who wear plaid (with a lack of knowledge that it is currently a la mode), drive pick-up trucks and know how to handle a jackhammer. it would be different if i were some kind of butch chick who threw shot-put and hacked butts but alas i am not this type of lady.
3. and lastly, i look completely perplexed 90% of the time. i havent studied math since first year and it wasnt even proper math, it was statistics. looking at a blueprint is like looking at an x-ray of your teeth at the dentist. you kind of understand what its trying to be but you cant really read between the lines, or shading...

moving on. tomorrow is my midterm.

surprisingly enough i am not shitting my pants. its multiple choice which means that one of four options is correct, so if i have to guess a few my chances are better than usual. to me having a 25% chance of being right is wayyy better then when you get to an essay question thats worth 30% of your final exam and you dont have a clue what its even referring to. thats what i like to call winging it.

this math thing should be easy as pi(e).

No comments:

Post a Comment