4.02.2011

worst case scenario

you know when things just get off to a bad start and then they tumbleweed into the most disastrous situation? this lil note here just about sums up the worst of my travel experiences when i took my very first solo adventure to copenhagen. in the end my 4 months turned to 8 and i never wanted to come home, funny how things turn out. i wrote this email to a dear friend in a fit of jet-lagged delusion. enjoy.

so ill tell you a little story called the horror of my life in the past 48 hours. so i get to pearson around 4ish to get my flight at 6 30. get on the flight smooth sailing but im shitting my pants nervous so i dont sleep the entire 6 and a bit long flight. get to heathrow in london and its snowing. my flight is supposed to be at 9 20am. it gets cancelled from london to copenhagen and its utter chaos because so do hundreds of other peoples and we have to stand in a massive line where people keep on budding in and fucking shit up so i wait there for 4+ hours. then i rebook for 4 45pm. thats the next flight out. walk around the air port but im too pissed and tired to shop and then my bag breaks. my hermes bag. the strap snaps and im left carrying it around in double bagged duty free bags. then my 4 45 flight gets cancelled and i have to wait in another line 5+ hours later i get to the front they book me a hotel and im leaving the next day at 9 55am with a different airline. oh what fun you can have when it snows a couple inches in london. today bus to the airport get on my flight get to copenhagen anddddd my bags arent there. so then i go to meet my mentor shes the girl whos showing me around. shes great so fun and so helpful. what a change. so we do a bunch of things and then go to my place. its awful. my room isnt bad but my bed could barely fit a 10 year old. my room has big windows like you would imagine to have in an apartment in europe and a balcony. i might take up smoking just so i could sit out there and smoke. my bathroom is like the boys locker room shower but its the entire thing. there is no bottom to the shower so it just flows right through the bathroom to a drain on the floor. sweet deal. the living room is old but it fits all of us. the internet is fast and i have a cell already so i can talk to people once i meet them. i messaged my friend adam and i hope to hear from him soon. nick and i are going to get together sometime this week. its copenhagen fashion week here and i get the feeling that hes either pretty gay or pretty connected. either way i dont care he is being nice to me and i certainly could use someone to hang out with in this city. i have 4 roomates one is away traveling she is canadian. i havent met her yet but i feel like shes going to be a big hippie weirdo. judy is the mandarin girl from hong kong. no words necessary. paula is the hot brazilian and she seems nice. zauzanna but its said susan is the czech republic girl who is 22 and still has a full set of braces. she lent me a towel tho so i back her.

well that sums it up so far. tell me whats up with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment