2.02.2011

crash test dummy

it seems to me as though i am on a delayed schedule. it has taken me five years to take the first step to become a person who holds a legit drivers license. i wrote my g2 in class drivers test and passed in techno colors. i spent 20 hours over the past four weeks at a driving school run by an old jamaican man named winston, in a small semi-heated room at the corner of woodbine and danforth. if i had failed there would be a major problem.

as i am moving forward in the licensing process im excited but also terrified to get behind the wheel. i have very little experience driving and one of the few was with my mum where she held onto the door handle the entire time, incase she needed to roll out of the car, and squealed at every turn i made. lets just say it wasnt the most confidence building lesson. i also have had my fair share of bad experiences with go-carts. in my childhood i was nick named 'crash' by one of my best friends aunts after i returned from the wasaga 500 with self-induced whiplash. i had barreled my cart into the tire barrier to avoid running into the other drivers. i had forgotten about the break.

im going to get over this fear. essentially i have to since my g1 expires in june! anyway, im just letting you all know that im hitting the streets so please drive in a defensive manor. i dont get the concept of 'right of way' but im sure ill figure it out pretty quickly. wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment